HIRH Prince Gharios El Chemor of Ghassan Al-Numan VIII has participated of the LDE – Lebanese Diaspora Energy – North America edition in Las Vegas last weekend.
After participating in the 4th Lebanese Diaspora Energy event last May in Beirut, His Excellency Gebran Bassil, the Lebanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants officially invited Prince Gharios El Chemor for the event’s second regional version, the Lebanese Diaspora Energy – North America in Las Vegas. It was the fourth time that Prince Gharios was officially invited by the Lebanese government.
The Lebanese Diaspora events are very exclusive, not open to the general public. Below the criteria to participate:
Necessarily an individual of Lebanese origin residing abroad.
- Currently or formerly holding a high official position (political, religious, military, or judicial) whether on the national, federal, provincial, or municipal level in the country of residency.
- Currently or formerly holding a high managerial position in a company / organization / international organization within the private or public sector (CEO, CFO, CCO, General Director, etc.).
- Academia / Sciences: President of a university, Dean of a faculty, highly recognized and published researcher, awardee, patent holder, etc.
- Sports: National or international participation with recognition.
- NGOs / Diaspora Institutions with good records and high membership base within the Lebanese Diaspora.
- Media figure of high standing.
- Entrepreneur / Investor of a big company (in size, outreach, etc.).
- Artist of international fame (awardee, sales records, cinema actor / producer, etc.).
- Individual having a success story of national or international recognition.
While in New York, HIRH Prince Gharios El Chemor Al-Numan VIII met informally His Excellency Jose Serra, the Brazilian Minister of Foreign Affairs. The Minister was in New York for the United Nations General Assembly. The meeting took place at the Intercontinental Barclay Hotel and the minister was very interested in the prince’s work protecting the Christians and Muslims promoting the peace and dialog. Also, about the prince’s participation in the IPPFoRB – International Parliamentarian Panel for Freedom of Religion or Belief.
The Lebanese diaspora is composed by estimated 15-20 million people living all over the five continents. That represents many times Lebanon’s present population of around 4 million.
For the third consecutive year, the Lebanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants, under the High Patronage of HE Minister Gebran Bassil, held an event called “Lebanese Diaspora Energy” congregating successful Lebanese (and descendants), from several areas, living in the diaspora.
This year, one of the guests is HIRH Prince Gharios El Chemor of Ghassan Al-Numan VIII.
A small video presentation of last year’s event: